Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Kawarthas and travel by canoe with The Canadian Canoe Museum. Our adult canoeing programs are suitable for anyone over the age of 18 looking to learn the basics of canoeing or build skills for your next on-water adventure. We are proud to teach skill levels laid out by the Ontario Recreational Canoeing & Kayaking Association (ORCKA). Our ORCKA-certified instructors are knowledgeable, patient, and keen to help you make the most out of your time on the water. We’ll help you perfect your strokes and hone your technique to make paddling more efficient and fun!
All required equipment is supplied by the Canoe Museum (canoes, paddles, PFDs and safety kits). Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunch. Check out our recommended packing list.
For more information or to register for a course, contact us at [email protected] or call 705-748-9153 ext. 218.
Don’t forget – Canoe Museum Members receive discounts on workshops and courses. Become a member today and save!
Do you have a group of people who require ORCKA levels for employment? Want to take a course with a group of friends? Gather a group of 4-10 people and we will schedule a custom course just for you! Contact [email protected] for more information.
Upcoming Events › Adult Paddling Courses
Events List Navigation
This one-day course provides an introduction to tandem canoeing and skill development. Participants will learn safe canoeing practices, basic theory and an introduction to strokes and maneuvers.Find out more »
This one-day course focuses on advanced tandem skill development.Find out more »
- Please note if we do not reach minimum capacity this program will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
- Each person will be required to complete a waiver before they are permitted in the canoes.
- Please be advised that this program runs rain or shine. The course will only be cancelled due to weather if it is deemed by the instructor to be unsafe. This includes electrical storms, high winds, or torrential rains. If the tour is cancelled due to weather the participants have the option of switching their tour date/time or receiving a full refund of all amounts paid.
- We regret to say that these programs are not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Part of your course fee is a $50 non-refundable administration fee. If you cancel with more than 2 weeks notice all amounts paid, with the exception of the administration fee will be refunded. If cancellation is made with less than two weeks notice than no refund will be provided.