The Canadian Canoe Museum has many fascinating and educational spaces inside of the four walls. The galleries and workshops have wonderful and informative names…
- Preserving Skills
- Living Traditions Workshop
- The Trading Post
- It Wasn’t All Work
- The Peterborough Tradition
And the humble gift shop, without any more of a name than that of its purpose. The store. The shop. That place where you can find the perfect gift for that hard-to-shop-for friend. Where you discover a new artisan, or find a great book, or a warm and comfy shirt, or the perfect piece of artwork to complete your room at home or cottage.
We’d like to change the lack of name and are asking for your help in doing so. We are looking to our members, our volunteers, and all of our supporters across our great country, around the world, and from coast to coast to coast to suggest a new name for the store.
The store helps generate revenue for the museum. We are often the first, and last, place that our guests see and meet our dedicated team of volunteers. We provide souvenirs and mementos for our visitors from across town, across the country, or across the planet. We have warm and comfortable fleece jackets. We have t-shirts and sweats with our Canadian Canoe Museum logo emblazoned upon them. We support local artists from our community in Peterborough, the Kawarthas and from all over Canada. We provide a unique shopping experience in a museum that’s entirely unique to Canada and the world.
The name you suggest could speak to the special nature of the canoe, of its history and place in our country and in the world. It could reflect the diversity of the unique gifts and products that we carry. It could also have such a perfect fit that it will seamlessly merge with our vision of a new Canadian Canoe Museum and our planned move in the coming years. However, it shouldn’t be too similar to any other gallery or workspace in the Museum, as we do not want to cause confusion to our guests when they visit.
But what’s a contest without a reward? The winning entry, as selected by the senior Museum management team and our Board, will carry with it a $250 gift card for the store along with bragging rights that *YOU* helped name the store that will be seen and shopped in by thousands of visitors annually. The name you suggest may be the name that will be told to every guest that comes to the Museum.
Come visit the Canadian Canoe Museum and be inspired. Stop by the store to see what wonderful gifts and products that we carry, from local suppliers and from across the country. Take the time to visit and wander the galleries to find your inspiration for your entry. Come and discover the canoe, and the special place it holds in our shared Canadian and First Nations histories.
- All submissions are to be submitted to [email protected] or physically received at the Canadian Canoe Museum by 5pm EST on March 31, 2015. Submissions must also include your name along with your contact email and telephone number.
- The winning entry will receive a $250 gift card (Canadian funds) for the Canadian Canoe Museum and is valid for merchandise or memberships. The gift card carries no cash value.
- In the event of duplicate suggestions for the chosen name, the gift card amount will be divided equally amongst all the persons submitting the name.
- The winner(s) will be determined by the Canadian Canoe Museum management team and Board in April 2015.
- The winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email.
- The contest is open to the general public, along with all volunteers, members, supporters, and donors of the Museum. Canadian Canoe Museum staff are prohibited from entering. This contest offer is void where prohibited by law. By entering, you agree to waive all rights and claims to the submitted name, and grant full use of the name in perpetuity to the Canadian Canoe Museum.