Due to a high volume of donation requests The Canadian Canoe Museum will be implementing the following Community Giving guidelines as of January 1st, 2017.
The Canadian Canoe Museum is committed to supporting organizations that focus on:
- Youth Education – organizations that are committed to educating youth through arts and culture, history, and physical activity
- Community – organizations who are looking to better the greater Peterborough community
- The Great Outdoors – organizations who help to protect Canada’s waterways, connect youth to nature and support grassroots conservation
Canadian Canoe Museum Donations
The museum is happy to support its community members through donating museum memberships, museum admission passes, Tumblehome gift items, museum guided tours and Voyageur canoe tours.
Cash donations will not be provided for events by The Canadian Canoe Museum.
Who is Eligible for Donations?
- Registered charities or not-for-profit organizations
- Organizations who’s projects align with the Museum’s funding priorities: youth education, community, and the great outdoors
- Recognized government entities that are requesting in-kind donations exclusively for public fundraising
- Public/private schools, registered youth clubs and organizations, colleges/universities
- Organizations who projects benefit the community at large
Terms and Conditions
- Due to a high volume of requests The Canadian Canoe Museum will only consider organizations who complete Museum’s Community Giving Request form
- Donation requests must be submitted a minimum of six weeks before the event date
- Fundraisers for personal gain will not be considered
- Items donated to an organization are for charitable purposes only and may not be marketed or re-sold, with the exception of charitable fundraising auctions
- Only one request will be fulfilled per event
- All successful requests will be notified a minimum of two weeks prior to the event date. If a candidate does not hear back from the Museum within this period, it means the Museum will not unable to donate to the event
These guidelines may be modified at any time without notice. The Canadian Canoe Museum reserves the right to change, suspend, revoke or terminate its charitable giving at any time, and to deviate from these guidelines at its own discretion.
Please note that the museum will do their best to accommodate all requests. Successful applicants will be notified a minimum of two weeks prior to the event date. If an applicant does not hear back from the museum within this period, it means the museum is unable to donate to the event. If you have any questions, please contact Kate Kennington via email [email protected] or call 705-748-9153 ext. 220.
Download the Community Giving Request Form.