End of Summer Day Camps
The Canadian Canoe Museum’s high-energy, multi-activity day camps are the perfect way to wrap up the summer! We provide a fun, safe and supportive environment for kids to interact with nature, get creative, meet new friends and enjoy summertime in the Peterborough and the Kawarthas to the fullest. We have two End of Summer Day Camps this year!
One for ages 8-10 that includes printmaking, book-binding, canoeing, swimming, rock climbing, and soap stone carving, with visits to Beavermead Park, the Turtle Conservation Centre, Ecology Park, Petroglyphs, the Lift Locks and of course, exploring the museum!
And, a NEW camp for ages 10-12 that includes knot tying and exploring the museum, tarp and shelter making, canoeing, swimming, hiking, and circus performing, with visits to the Alderville Black Oak Savanna, Beavermead Park, the Turtle Conservation Centre, the Lift Locks and the Peterborough Academy of Circus Arts.
Don’t forget – Canadian Canoe Museum members receive discounts on summer camp registration. Become a member today and save!
Do you have questions about our camp programs? Not sure if they’re a good fit for your child? Please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or call 705-748-9153 ext. 203. We love to talk about camp and would be happy to chat with you!
- If minimum camp capacity is not reached we will contact you and issue a full refund.
- Registrations include a $50 non-refundable administration fee. If withdrawal is made on or before June 1, all amounts paid, other than the non-refundable $50 administration fee, will be refunded. No refund of camp fees will be made under any circumstances after June 1st.
- There will be no reduction in camp fees if the camper arrives late, leaves early, or misses any scheduled camp dates.
I have questions about the programming of your camps who should I talk to?
- Please contact Programs Manager, Kelly Pineault at [email protected] or by calling 705.748.9153 ext 203
I have questions about registering for your camps, who do I call?
- Please contact Registration Assistant, Allison Lawler at [email protected] or by calling 705.748.9153 ext 218
My child has never been canoeing before, can they still attend this camp?
- Yes, our camps are a great option for kids who’ve never canoed before!
My child is a bit younger/older than the ages you’ve listed for your camps, can they still attend?
- We’ve set our camp ages based on years of experience. Please do not register your child for a camp they do not fit the age range for.
We’re a lower income family do you offer any subsidies?
- As a not-for profit we run our programming at the lowest cost possible. However, there is funding available from the City of Peterborough to help with the cost for recreational activities.
Mary Elizabeth Konrad
ORCKA Paddling Instructor
Mary Elizabeth has been an avid canoeist since childhood when she spent summers paddling at the cottage and attending a canoe tripping camp in Algonquin Park. She has a Bachelor of Education degree from Trent University, and taught Outdoor Education for two years at Lakefield College School. Mary Elizabeth has nine years of experience guiding canoe trips and teaching flatwater and whitewater canoeing to paddlers of all ages. She is a certified ORCKA Basic Canoeing Instructor, as well as ORCKA Canoe Tripping Instructor Level 2, National Lifeguard, and Wilderness First Responder. Mary Elizabeth is excited to join the Canadian Canoe Museum staff team this summer and share her skills and enthusiasm for the outdoors and canoeing with participants in the museum’s paddling camps
ORCKA Paddling Instructor
Ian joined our Summer Paddling Camp team in May 2018. He is an avid canoe enthusiast and a certified ORCKA Basic Canoe Instructor. He completed his first year in the nursing program at the University of Ottawa earning his HCP level of CPR with the Canadian Red Cross. Ian is a strong swimmer and National Lifeguard Society certified. He has loved the outdoors and been actively involved in Scouting for most of his life, first as a child then later as an adult volunteer.