What is the cost?
- School-day program cost is $8.50* per student for one 90-minute staff-led program.
- Unless otherwise noted.
- Additional 90-minute staff-led programs are $5.50* per student.
- We require a minimum fee for 15 participants.
- There are no additional taxes on education programs
Can we have lunch?
- Lunch space is included in your visit if scheduled.
- There is no food on site please bring a lunch
- A water fountain is available.
How many chaperones can I bring?
- Chaperones are included at no extra cost at the following ratios:
- K-3 1:5
- 3-8 1:8
- 9+ 1:10
- We do not recommend any additional adults.
How long are the programs?
- Programs are approximately 90-minutes long unless otherwise noted.
- Most classes do a two program day with a 30 minute lunch and 30 minutes at the end of the day for self touring and shopping.
Do you offer French programming?
- Many programs are available in French or English please inquire when booking.
Can I schedule time for students to see the museum?
- Yes we can definitely schedule time for students to self tour!
- We recommend 30 minutes.
Can I schedule time for students to snack in the morning?
- Yes but please let us know in advance so we can plan your program accordingly.
Can I come for a program after hours?
- Week-night program cost is $10* per student for one program
- We require a minimum fee for 15 to run these programs.
Can we come back to spend more time in the galleries?
- Yes with our new class pass you can come back for only $2 a student.
How To Book
To book a school program, call or email Victoria ([email protected]) with the following:
- Your name
- The names of any other teachers accompanying you
- Your School
- Student Grade
- Number of Students
- Preferred Dates
- Preferred Arrival Time
- Program Choices if Known
- Any special needs or considerations of your class
Victoria Veenstra, Programs Registrar
Canoes Count (JK-SK)
Help them Get Home (K-1)
“My parent volunteers were so impressed with the programs and the instructors. They couldn’t believe how engaged the students were all day long. They said it was the best class trip they had ever been on!” – St Theresa CES
The Perfect Machine (Gr 1-3)
“The program was so well designed for this age group. The students never had to sit still for long periods of time and the information was given in appropriate amounts so that students were able to retain the learning. Great program for my Grade 3 students!” – Teacher
Bark, Skin and Cedar (Gr 3-4)
As always, The Canoe Museum has offered up a fantastic program that fits the curriculum quite nicely. Thank you for broadening the lives of our students today! – Teacher
Paddle to the Sea (Gr 1-2)
“The students were intrigued with the soapstone pendant program. The process was very well explained and clear. The students were engaged the whole time we were there and were excited to answer the program leaders’ questions. The program really complemented what we were doing in the classroom prior to our trip.” – Teacher
“Students LOVED the soapstone carving workshop – many are still wearing their pendants today!” – Allison Janssen (St Catherine CES)
Soapstone Carving (Gr 1-3)
Canoe Senses (K-2)
Grade 1-3 Language: Oral Communication 1, 2
Watercolour Painting (Gr 2-3)
“Thank you Jen and Ally for telling me there is nothing to be afraid of because I was a little scared. I overcame my fear and I wanted to go again. I also learned the voyageur salute.” – Student
Voyageur Paddling Program
“I just wanted to send along a HUGE thank you and to let you know how AWESOME the programming and staff were for our sleepover – what a fantastic experience. The girls and their moms and grandmothers all had such a wonderful time. Please pass on our deepest thanks and appreciation!!” – Julie Simard (25th Brownies Peterborough)