What is the cost?
- School-day program cost is $9* per student for one 90-minute staff-led program.
- Unless otherwise noted.
- Additional 90-minute staff-led programs are $6* per student.
- We require a minimum fee for 15 participants.
- There are no additional taxes on education programs
Can we have lunch?
- Lunch space is included in your visit if scheduled.
- There is no food on site please bring a lunch
- A water fountain is available.
How many chaperones can I bring?
- Chaperones are included at no extra cost at the following ratios:
- K-3 1:5
- 3-8 1:8
- 9+ 1:10
- We do not recommend any additional adults.
How long are the programs?
- Programs are approximately 90-minutes long unless otherwise noted.
- Most classes do a two program day with a 30 minute lunch and 30 minutes at the end of the day for self touring and shopping.
Do you offer French programming?
- Many programs are available in French or English please inquire when booking.
Can I schedule time for students to see the museum?
- Yes we can definitely schedule time for students to self tour!
- We recommend 30 minutes.
Can I schedule time for students to snack in the morning?
- Yes but please let us know in advance so we can plan your program accordingly.
Can I come for a program after hours?
- Week-night program cost is $11* per student for one program
- We require a minimum fee for 15 to run these programs.
Can we come back to spend more time in the galleries?
- Yes with our new class pass you can come back for only $2 a student.
How To Book
To book a school program, call or email Victoria ([email protected]) with the following:
- Your name
- The names of any other teachers accompanying you
- Your School
- Student Grade
- Number of Students
- Preferred Dates
- Preferred Arrival Time
- Program Choices if Known
- Any special needs or considerations of your class
Victoria Veenstra, Programs Registrar
“What a great way to work on leadership, listening, thinking, offering advice and sharing when working on a community project! The snow blindness added an element of unexpected challenge. Students reflected on their learning and behaviour as a result, so it was very appropriate.” – Teacher
Full-sized Paddle Carving
7.5 hrs, $80 (bass wood)
“The soapstone carving workshop had all students actively engaged, for the entire visit. The amount of time in the museum, to create concrete links to the culture and geography of the north, was well considered. The closing lesson around the qulliq provided an excellent opportunity to refocus the group, and introduce the students to Indigenous vocabulary before our departure. It was well worth the drive to Peterborough from Scarborough.” – Teacher