A Note on Camps
The Canadian Canoe Museum has cancelled 2020 paddling course offerings due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After much deliberation, we feel strongly that we must prioritize the health and safety of our campers, their families, staff, volunteers and the broader community at large. The challenges that our physical course locations present, as well as the needs to provide for physical distancing and other protective measures, seriously challenge our ability to deliver quality programming on the water. We look forward to summer 2021 and welcoming you back to the museum as soon as possible!
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Kawarthas and travel by canoe with The Canadian Canoe Museum. Our adult canoeing programs are suitable for anyone over the age of 16 looking to learn the basics of canoeing or build skills for your next on-water adventure. We are proud to teach skill levels laid out by the Ontario Recreational Canoeing & Kayaking Association (ORCKA). Our ORCKA-certified instructors are knowledgeable, patient, and keen to help you make the most out of your time on the water. We’ll help you perfect your strokes and hone your technique to make paddling more efficient and fun!
All required equipment is supplied by the museum (canoes, paddles, PFDs and safety kits). See recommended packing lists below. And, don’t forget! – Canadian Canoe Museum members receive discounts on workshops and courses. Become a member today and save!
For more information contact Karen Taylor, Director of Programs ([email protected]) or 705-748-9153 x 219
- Please note if we do not reach minimum capacity this program will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
- Each person will be required to complete a waiver before they are permitted in the canoes.
- Please be advised that this program runs rain or shine. The course will only be cancelled due to weather if it is deemed by the instructor to be unsafe. This includes electrical storms, high winds, or torrential rains. If the tour is cancelled due to weather the participants have the option of switching their tour date/time or receiving a full refund of all amounts paid.
- We regret to say that these programs are not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Part of your course fee is a $50 non-refundable administration fee. If you cancel with more than 2 weeks notice all amounts paid, with the exception of the administration fee will be refunded. If cancellation is made with less than two weeks notice than no refund will be provided.
Custom Paddling Course
Do you have a group of people who require ORCKA levels for employment? Want to take a course with a group of friends? Gather a group of 4-10 people and we will schedule a custom course just for you!
Contact Karen Taylor, Director of Programs ([email protected]) or 705-748-9153 x 219 for more information.