Summer Paddling Adventures
For over 10 years, The Canadian Canoe Museum has offered summer paddling day camps and multi-day canoe trips for youth ages 8-14. We provide a fun, safe and supportive environment for kids to interact with nature, hone their paddling skills, meet new friends and enjoy summertime in the Kawarthas to the fullest!
With a wide variety of sessions and program offerings, we’ve got something for everyone! From novice paddlers to the seasoned soloist, we’ve got awesome adventures awaiting all our campers.
We’re proud to teach “no-trace” camping principles as well as skill levels laid out by the Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association (ORCKA). Our camps are run by ORCKA-certified instructors with years of experience facilitating on-water programming for youth. Our camp staff are also certified with a minimum of Wilderness Advanced First Aid and NLS lifeguarding certification.
Do you have questions about our camp programs? Not sure if they’re a good fit for your child? Don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or call 705-748-9153 ext. 218. We love to talk about camp and would be happy to chat with you!
Don’t forget – Canoe Museum Members receive discounts on summer camp registration. Become a member today and save!
I have questions about registering for your camps, who do I call?
- Please contact Programs Registrar Victoria Veenstra
- [email protected]
- 705.748.9153 ext 218
I have questions about the content of your camps who should I talk to?
- Please contact Programs Coordinator Kelly Pineault
- [email protected]
- 705.748.9153 ext 203
What type of canoeing certifications do you offer?
We offer canoeing levels through the Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association (ORCKA).
My child has never been canoeing before, can they still attend this camp?
Yes our camps are a great option for kids who’ve never canoed before! We recommend they start with ORCKA level 1 to get their basic skills.
My child is a bit younger/older than the ages you’ve listed for your camps, can they still attend?
We’ve set our camp ages based on years of experience. Please do not register your child for a camp they do not fit the age range for.
Our 2019 staff bios are coming soon!
We’re working on these! Please check back soon!
- If minimum camp capacity is not reached we will contact you and issue a full refund.
- Registrations include a $50 non-refundable administration fee. If withdrawal is made on or before June 1, all amounts paid, other than the non-refundable $50 administration fee, will be refunded. No refund of camp fees will be made under any circumstances after June 1st.
- There will be no reduction in camp fees if the camper arrives late, leaves early, or misses any scheduled camp dates.